Thursday, May 28, 2009

Downtown Parking

Recently I had reason to venture downtown. I had several places that I wanted to go to. It took longer than anticipated at the first place and when I came out I noticed the parking enforcement officer noting license plates including mine. That meant that I could not drive to the other place and park at it as you are not allowed to park in two separate locations in the downtown within , I think, two hours. I was faced with either walking to the second place or not going there at all. Because I would have probably exceeded the allotted parking time if I left my car where it was and it was cold and windy and pouring rain and it was about a three block walk some of it over those ridiculous brick sidewalks that are treacherous at the best of times, I chose to go to a shop in one of the malls instead. Thus for all of the Council's desire to lure business downtown they actually succeeded in driving some away.

But then it seems that the Council can't decide if they want a vibrant downtown or want it to be one large campus.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Grouchy Old Man said...

The way comments could be left has been modified. You no longer have to have a Google account and can leave a comment anonymously, but all comments will still be moderated to prevent spam or objectionable content.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home